Saturday, November 23, 2013

Candy Cane Christmas Tree Farm







I know it’s a little bit early, but since our family celebrated thanksgiving two weeks ago we decided to go to the Christmas tree farm and pick out our Christmas tree early. The place that we go to every year is called the Candy Cane Christmas Tree Farm and it is located in Oxford Michigan. This place is the most beautiful Christmas tree farm that I have ever seen. It was voted the number one best Christmas tree farm by WDIV-4s for two years. (Michigan Christmas Tree Association). They have fresh custom wreaths made by award winning wreath makers and they have saws and tree carts, free tree cleaning, wrapping, drilling, and candy canes. Santa visits the farm on the weekends, which is always nice to see all the little kids lined up and excited to meet Santa. We went literally on the opening weekend, which made it not really the same, as it always is because first out all it was before thanksgiving and second of all there was no snow on the ground. When there is snow one the ground it makes me so happy because I automatically think about Christmas. The Christmas season just isn’t the same without snow. It is a family tradition that we go together every year to pick out the tree together. So when we got there, there was Christmas music playing and a lady passing out candy canes. We grabbed a saw and headed out on the filed of trees. There are so many different kinds of tree. My mom likes the ones with the soft bristles so we go around feeling them and then look at the nametag and then just search for those types of trees. This year we were looking for Fraser firs. My sister and I always have a secret competition as to who will be the one to find the perfect tree. This year neither of us won because my mom was able to find the absolute perfect tree. It was about seven feet and it was a nice full tree with strong branches that would be able to hold all of our ornaments. Every year for Christmas my sister and I get an ornaments from our parents and from our grandparents. So we have quite the collection going of ornaments. Putting them up on the tree is probably my favorite part of Christmas. I could not wait to get home and do that. After my dad cut down the tree we headed back to the main section where the music was playing. We bought some hot chocolate and paid for our tree and then we left. Even though it wasn’t the same experience as it normally is I still loved it. And I love coming to the candy cane Christmas tree farm every year. If you have never been here and you love holiday spirit then this is definitely the place for you to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment