Sunday, October 6, 2013

Long Family Orchard Farm and Cider Mill






      Yesterday I went to the apple orchard called Long Family Orchard Farm and Cider Mill in Commerce, Michigan. This apple orchard was so nice. There were so many different apples to choose from.  I walked down rows and rows of apple trees and I grabbed as many as I could. My favorite types of apples are honey crisp apples. I find them to be absolutely delicious. For sixteen dollars you can get a half-bushel of apples and for twenty-eight dollars you can buy a full barrel. 
      They also had fresh cider, donuts, honey, fresh breads, McIntosh, Jonathon, & Honey Crisp apples. They have a corn maize that is open on the weekends and they also have a fun yard filled which includes a plays structure, jumping houses, petting zoos, and some photo opportunities for kids and their families. 
       It is a tradition in my family to make homemade applesauce from handpicked apples every year. So we like to visit new apple orchards to experience new places. And I had a great experience at the apple orchard and I will definitely come back next year to have some fall fun and also get some freshly picked apples!

No comments:

Post a Comment