Sunday, October 6, 2013

Yates Cider Mill




      To enjoy some of this fall and Halloween season I went to yates cider mill today with a few of my friends. This was a really nice cider mill. There was a corn maze, petting zoo, pumpkin patch, and a bunch of hay for all of the little kids to play in. I can remember that big stalk of hay being so much fun when I was younger. As always there was food such as cider doughnuts, and apple cider. They were so delicious they had just gotten done so they were still warm in the bag.
    Yates cider mill has been around since 1863. It has been a community tradition for families to come here and spend time together while enjoying the new season.  I enjoyed being there, it was a sunny day and there was music playing that made the experience more pleasurable.  
      After visiting the petting zoo and holding the baby chicks, we got to go on a hayride that took us to the pumpkin patch. There were endless amounts of rows or pumpkins. All of the pumpkins were in rather good condition so that made the decision to pick the best pumpkin a little difficult! The cider mill was right next-door to an ice-cream parlor so we got to enjoy some really good ice cream as we walked around the area. I ended up really enjoying the cider mill. I recommend everyone to stop by and enjoy the season/holiday while it is here!


No comments:

Post a Comment