Saturday, October 26, 2013

The Melting Pot


The Melting Pot


An absolute necessary place to go out to eat would be The Melting Pot located in Troy, Michigan. I went there over the weekend for my cousins birthday dinner and I was absolutely blown away by how amazing it was. What we did was we went there before our reservations and we shopped at the Somerset mall until it was time to go to dinner and that was very enjoyable. We had a big group with us so that made the entire experience really fun! Everything went perfectly and the restaurant was very nice.
When we first walked in I was so surprised to see how nice the inside of the restaurant was. It was so fancy and I felt so honored to be able to be there with my family. When we took our seats our waitress whose name was Rebecca was very friendly to us and she told us about the way that the restaurant worked. She also told us a little bit of history about the restaurant and how the first Melting Pot was located in Florida and I believe she said it was built around 1975, because it recently celebrated its thirty fifth anniversary.  She told us about the four-step process and how the food comes out in
increments. I was so hungry listening to her explain I couldn’t stand the thought of waiting for food to eat for that much longer. First was the cheese-fondue, then the salad, entrĂ©e and then dessert.  The cheese fondue was delicious it was served with bread and various vegetables that you would dip in it and it was so good. Then next was the salad, which is pretty standard, but they had signature dressing, which was delicious. Then there was the main entre which you select your individual entre and it is cooked right in front of you.  And then came the dessert. The chocolate fondue, which was amazing, and was definitely my favorite part of the meal, was very tasty. There were so many options of fruits and other tasty treats that would be good dipped in warm melted chocolate. Everything about the meal was delicious and I would go back there at any time! It was a bit pricey, but both the service and the food were phenomenal.
Overall I had a positive experience there and even though like I said earlier that it was expensive it was definitely worth the experience of at least going once. I recommended it to any one who is interested, but my only suggestion would be to make reservations ahead of time because it can tend to be busy especially on the weekend nights. Below there is a link to the restaurants website if you would like to check anything out for yourself!



http://www.meltingpot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment